Friday, November 30, 2007

DaNte's Post


DaNte's Post

30-11-2007

From now on, I will post my blog entries as 'DaNte's Post' only, since I tend to forget or procrastinate my Friday blogs... *smile* Anyways, it is couple more days before holiday! Woo hoo! But sadly, some of us aren't satisfied of our exam results. But do not worry! Keep on fighting and study hard, for it is only the first exams! Let us begin our post

Erratic Picture of the Day


Auspicious Quote of the Day

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

Burton Hills

Word of the Day

Premonition (n) - A strong feeling that something is going to happen

Topic of the Day

A Stress Relief

Every single one of us has our own ways of escaping the reality to drift in our own dimension. Each of our own ways are unique, no matter what form they are in. Some watches movies, some sings, and there are comprehensive ways people express their thoughts and emotions. I would like to share how I escape reality!

My best escape from reality is the computer world. Actually... almost 70% of my time is taken by the computer world (yes, I am sad T_T) but there's just lots of things (mostly useless things) that will occupy you and will not get you bored. Computer games are mostly my greatest escape from reality. To me, computer games just absorb me into a whole new and different world. It makes me forget thoughts and forlorn emotions. My favorite computer games are Warcraft and probably GameBoy emulators :D. You might think I am a dork for this, but it is just how I relieve stress. However, computer games may make me sentimental as well. If the enemies are aggravating, the computer's running slow, I may get cranky and release my anger to the people around me. It is nice to forget things but being too much into your own world will make you excessively emotional and rude.

Another escape of reality is watching TV or movie! Movies are a powerful tool to influence the minds of many. They can be very alluring and influential. My most favorite TV show of all times is HEROES!!! WHOO HOO! *Ahem* it makes me forget everything, and often makes me dreaming of what powers would I want. Yes, yes I know I am really childish, but I just wish that I have an extraordinary power. It will make our life much easier, unless of course, a villain is seeking to cut your head and take out your brain for self lucrative.

Another escape mechanism of mine is to play sports! I love sports, especially basketball. They are the most exhilarating and entertaining sport I've ever played. Playing basketball with friends just makes me forget about everything else. When playing basketball, you just try your best to excel and score the most. When you focus, you just forget about everything else. A substitute (yes, its an economic term) for basketball is probably soccer, or well, any kinds of sport! That is why sports are very exciting especially with the company of your friends.

I think that is all my escape mechanism. It is very crucial that every single individual choose their escape mechanism. It will help them relieve stress and flee from the troubles of the world! Woo hoo!

Joke of the Day

Farm Yard Follies

There was this zebra who had lived her entire life in a zoo and was getting on a bit so the zoo keeper decided as a treat that she could spend her final years in bliss on a farm.

The zebra was so excited, she got to see this huge space with green grass and hill and trees and all these strange animals. She saw a big fat weird looking brown thing and ran up to it very excited, "Hi, I'm a zebra. What are you?"

"I'm a cow."

"Right, right. What do you do?"

"I make milk for the farmer."

"Cool." The zebra then saw this funny looking little white thing and ran over to it. "Hi, I'm a zebra. What are you?"

"I'm a chicken."

"Oh, right. What do you do?"

"I make eggs for the farmer."

"Right, great, see ya round." Then the zebra saw this very handsome beast that looked almost exactly like her without the stripes. She ran over to it and said, "Hi, I'm a zebra. What are you?"

"I am a stallion," said the horse.

"Wow," said the zebra. "What do you do?"

"Take off your pajamas, darling, and I'll show you."

No comments: